Main Menu Top Menu


The two graphs depict different information related to complaints within the bank of America. The pie graph shows the sources of complaints, while the bar graph illustrates the average time taken between investigation into complaints and final action taken.

In general, by far the highest number of complaints against the bank of America originated from the public. The bar graph shows the average time period between investigation and action is around 5 months. 63% of all complaints against the bank of America are lodged by the public. Of the remaining 37% of complaints, the figures can be grouped into percentages between 11 and 8%, which are made up of government agencies, out-of-state agencies, and insurance companies. Then interestingly, media and bank employee made up and equal figure, 3% in the chart.

The bar graph shows that 2001 had the highest waiting time for complaints of medical misconduct at 6 months. Although there is a significant drop from 6 months in 2001 to 5 months in 2002, all previous and proceeding years display an average waiting period of 5 months. Despite this, over time the average waiting period is decreasing.

(189 words)

While international car-free days are thought to effectively reduce levels of air pollution, some people believe that there are other alternatives that are more effective. This essay will discuss both of these views.

It is true that exhaust fumes from cars are a major cause of air pollution as they contain a relatively high proportion of pollutants such as CO2. By having some days without cars on the road, no harmful smoke will be released into the atmosphere, and this will therefore improve the air quality. This policy is extremely effective in big cities around the world, such as Beijing, which is well known for its dirty air smog filled atmosphere. Since this car-free day policy has been introduced, the air quality of the city has greatly improved.

On the other hand, local governments should try to further encourage the use of public transport, such as subways and buses, as they effectively produce a smaller quantity of pollutants, which in turn is less likely to impact the air quality. In addition to this, the disposal of waste, especially plastic waste which emits toxic fumes if burned, should be closely regulated and monitored. The final and most effective way of reducing air pollution is to use sustainable and environmentally-friendly energy sources, such as solar or wind power, to replace fossil fuels in the long term.

In my view, these measures are all effective in addressing the problem of air pollution, but only to a certain extent. Such a problem needs to be dealt with by a number of different approaches and I believe that only implementing one approach will be ineffective.


(270 words)